The new volume located on the plot adjoining the “Iturritxo” building is aligned with it on the north side, creating a previous space for access to the building, where the car park is located.
The proposal presented is based mainly on the following foundations:
1. Implementation of the new volume facilitating both road and pedestrian accessible access.
2. Architectural and formal quality both outside and inside, trying to transmit the values of the entity and creating work spaces based on comfort that are pleasant enough to favor the performance of its workers.
3. Creating a good workplace through proximity to natural light and thus proximity to edges and their windows. This situation is interesting from the human point of view for the worker and from the economic point of view because it saves on artificial light.
4. Search for both acoustic and energy efficiency through sustainable construction, through elements of km.0 or manufactured in the surroundings, such as CLT wood boards. This creates a low-carbon building.
5. Clear and effective distribution of spaces, public and private, facilitating the relocation of different work areas.
The new volume located on the plot adjoining the “Iturritxo” building is aligned with it on the north side, creating a previous space for access to the building, where the car park is located. Likewise, a pedestrian access porch is generated that favors the connection between both buildings and a place to stop prior to entering. The raised facade allows to open gaps adapting to the different uses of the program maintaining the continuity between the existing building and the new proposed volume. In addition, it guarantees privacy and offers shading, generating adequate light for workers. With the double skin of perforated sheet metal, a light screen is generated that helps interior comfort and avoids direct solar radiation.
The ensemble between the façade and the high-performance carpentry guarantee an envelope that maintains a stable comfort environment without large temperature variations, offering a pleasant and adequate stay. The communication hubs are strategically located in the central area, separating the work area from the customer service area, remaining perfectly differentiated, but always with an easy connection between the two.